Susan Shapiro is a famous writing educator and author of several how-to books, including her book Writer’s Digest, Bible. This tutorial provided practical ways for writers to get their first byline and subsequent byline into their dream publications. In this guide, she has included examples of articles that she and her students have written and published. Many of these articles resulted in book deals for these writers.
In her latest book, bible bookShapiro uses the same no-nonsense technique to help writers write and find a publisher for their book. Each chapter begins with a list of what Not To do this, followed by advice from Shapiro and other experts on the particular type being eaten. All genres are covered, from children’s books and novels to poetry, memoirs, and other types of realism.
In this excerpt from bible bookIn this article, you will find 10 tips on how not to write a tutorial book.
how not to do
- You don’t know anything about your topic: Pick an area where you don’t have real knowledge or experience, as everyone would love to hear a personal trainer talk about how to build a house. You’re tired of your field anyway, so here’s a way to explore new areas.
- Avoid searching: So what if there are already many books on how to win elections by people who work in the political arena, and as a hairdresser you don’t have any knowledge or wisdom to add and don’t vote? No problem – their bloated opinions are very complex. It will add freshness and originality to the subject.
- Forget to contact the experts: There are already huge platforms, jobs and huge audiences, so why add to them by quoting from them?
- Skip tip: Write 300 pages of the history of your bad relationship ending with meeting your wonderful wife. It could be dating how you did it, so that’s a good enough way, right?
- Opposing another hit book: call you ‘hu is being This is just for you” or “how No To win friends and impress people, “Draw out long-time bestsellers — rather than come up with your own original idea.
Stealing other authors: It’s already online, and that means you can steal other people’s work and piece them together to make your own book, right? I mean, for example, there isn’t even any line written on Wikipedia, so it’s up to you to beat cancer, you need a good doctor to catch it early and a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes obvious things get repeated, right?
The recycling tip that everyone already knows: To beat cancer, you need a good doctor to catch it early and have a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes obvious things get repeated, right?
Avoid current trends and political correctness: Forget all those plus-size models and body positivity activists and call your own book How to lose weight to become slim and beautiful.
Skirt fact check and update: Be sure to mention people who have died without mentioning their deaths, and cite organizations that are no longer operating, web articles removed and websites that no longer exist.
Keep a local hyper: Include full pages listing the best doctors, lawyers, and accountants in your town — even though you want a major publisher and their books national — or international. Isn’t there such a big rule for writing what you know.
Request your copy of bible book.
Bookshop.org | IndieBound | Amazon